Monday, September 9, 2013

Week In Review 9.8.13

Another taper week, I love !

I started my training week on Tuesday trying out my knew light up visor.  It worked pretty well but my legs were still pretty heavy from the Virginia Beach half so it was slow going and I didn't get all 5 in, so I'll look to make up for it tomorrow  4.3 mi in 47:56 an 11:09 pace.

Wednesday I ran fartlek down at the track with a half mile warm up and cool down.  Felt good and you can't argue with the pace.  Almost on pace to do my October 10K in under an hour!  6 mi in 58:58 a 9:50 pace

Thursday I did some more speed work at the track.  Half mile warm up with a four miles fast (for me) then six-tenths of a mile for the cool down.  I'll take it!  5.1 mi in 50:27 a 9:54 pace


Friday I was up and out to the gym early for some strength training.  Nothing to see here move along.
Saturday I didn't push the 5 miles since I had another long run on sunday.  I hung out around my house using the hills as some resistance, and was surprised at the pace.  I also got a little extra running in playing tag with the nice and nephews down in CT after apple picking.  JULIE MAKE ME SOME APPLE PIE!!!!  5 mi in 54:35 a 10:55 pace

Sunday last "long" run before the Rock N Roll Philadelphia half Marathon.  I kept the pace under 11 minutes but it was rough I just felt tired the entire time.  Oh well shake it off half number 7 in 7 days! 8mi in 1:27:46 a 10:58 pace

Miles run last week 28.4

Miles run this year 654.8

Miles left to 1K in 2013: 345.2 (21.58 miles per week over the next 16 weeks down 0.3 from last week)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment