Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Week in Review 5.19.13

Rock n’ Roll Portland Half Marathon race week.  Trying to balance resting for the race on Sunday with keeping up with my sub 2 hour training.
Monday was a zero day.  I could barely stay awake all weekend I needed to take a break.

Tuesday Day 10 of the training plan called for a slow 5 miles then interval training of four 20 second fast intervals (95% effort) followed by 2 minutes of slow recovery.  Overall a fast run for me!  5.72 mi in 59:54 a 10:29 pace.
Wednesday I mixed it up a bit.  I was supposed to do 3 miles slow followed 8 miles on Thursday but I was traveling Thursday so I switched them around to allow for some more time tomorrow.  The plan called for 2 miles slow followed by 4 miles fast (a 8:50 to 9:10 pace).  Really?!?!  I didn't know how I was going to do this seeing as I might run ONE mile under 9 minutes but 4?  Then another 2 slow.  The only thing to do is head down to the track and give it a try, so I did...at 4:30 figuring that I would need extra time for the extra miles today.  I started with the two slow minutes averaging around a 10:30 pace and then kicked it into gear for the next 4 which I pulled off at a pace of 9:02, 9:09, 9:08 & 9:10.  I'm pretty impressed with my times if I say so myself.  I pulled down the cool down from 2 miles to just .2 to bring the total to 10K so that I could rest up for Sunday.  6.2mi in 1:00:02 a 9:41 pace.

Thursday, the 3 slow miles that I didn't do on Wednesday.  I had to get to work early so I could leave early and make my flight.  Off to Portland!  3.02mi in 32:30 a 10:45 pace

Friday and Saturday were rest days as we got ready for the half on Sunday and explored Portland, since this was our first time there.  We headed over to the expo on Saturday.  I 'll include my thoughts on the city, expo and all the voodoo donuts I ate in my race recap.  Speaking of which...
Sunday ,race day for the Rock n’ Roll Portland Half Marathon!  13.1mi in 2:25:30 a, 11:06 page.  I took my time, took a lot of pictures during the race and really enjoyed myself.  Race recap will be up early next week (I hope).

Miles run last week 28.1

Miles run this year 286.1
Miles left to 1K in 2013: 713.90 (22.31 miles per week over the next 32 weeks down 0.14 from last week)

No comments:

Post a Comment