Thursday, May 9, 2013

Week In Review 5.5.13


The week after a race is always a bit hard but I got right back on the horse…after taking Monday off of course.

Monday I was still pretty sore from hustling to set my PR in Nashville so I took an off day.

Tuesday was an early fast pace 5 mile training run down to the bar and back (too bad it wasn’t open).  Also my company had its first softball game resulting in some late night running and recovery at the Tavern on the Square.  I’m happy to report that I recorded the first RBI in Jenzabar Softball history but the team went down fighting 18-7.  5mi in 52:07, a pace of 10:26
Wednesday was a 5K, trying to get used to running back to back days and recovering from the late night of softball.  A 4:45 alarm was needed to get a run in and get into the office for my 8AM meeting.  Imagine how much I could run if I didn’t need to work for a living.  3.1 mi in 36:45, a pace of 11:52

Thursday, the third day I’ve run in a row, so that I would have an off day before my long run on Saturday.  Also another late night softball game which included less RBI (we lost 16-0) and less pre and post-game festivities. 5mi in 58:48, a pace of 11:45
Friday was an off day before my long run.

Saturday I had a nice long run along the Charles River.  I carried water with me so I didn’t have to return home, so headed down the hill and out towards Waltham.  I caught up with rout 20 and headed to moody street where I met up with the river way path that runs along the Charles.   I followed that back through Watertown to the Arsenal mall for a refill of my water bottle then out to Brighton where I turned and headed back the other side to Watertown square where I met up with Julie.  I ran with her the last mile or so before I walked up the hill back home (another 0.75mi).  13.2mi in 2:30:25, a 11:24 Pace.
Miles run last week 26.3

Miles run this year 233.8
Miles left to 1K in 2013: 766.2 (22.54 miles per week over the next 34 weeks down 0.1 from last week)

No comments:

Post a Comment