Monday, July 8, 2013

Week In review 7.7.13

Vacation over and fully recovered from Seattle it's time to get back on the horse.  A new training week starts as I get back on the Sunday long run schedule for the slew of September halfs we have coming up.

Monday: OK maybe not fully back on the horse yet.  A couple of birthday celebrations over the weekend and I still needed to sleep in despite going to bed at 8:30 the night before.  Tomorrow I promise.

Tuesday the heat was still in effect and running made me feel slower than molasses but I got back out there.  5 miles around my part of Watertown and by the end felt as if I had been swimming.  5 mi in 56:18 an 11:16 pace

Wednesday misfiring fire alarms woke me up and when I couldn't get back to sleep I made my way down to the track to do some interval training.  I didn't get all 8 miles run keeper wanted me to, but I was able to get in 6 at a pretty good pace of a half mile fast (around 9:45) then 30 second slow.  with a 2 mile warm up and cool down.  6 mi in 1:01:18 a 10:13 pace.
 
Thursday, I got up early trying to beat the 4th of July heat.  It didn't work.  I did a slow 3.2 miles and headed back for some air conditioning  3.2 mi in 35:52 an 11:13 pace.

Friday was a recovery day as I got ready for a hot weekend!
Saturday legs were a bit sluggish in the heat so another 5K was in the cards as I got ready for my long run on Sunday.  3.2 mi in 34:09 an 10:40 pace

Sunday and the heatwave was still in full effect.  We headed down to run along the Charles on a 4 mile path that I offers some sun shade and a nice run along the river.  I hoped to get 10-12 but after 6 miles in the heat it was clear that I was only going to be able do to two laps so I finished them up and went in search of a smoothie to cool me down.  Three places later and we found one a great way to finish the July 4th weekend.  8:05mi in 1:33:34 an 11:38 page
 Miles run last week 25.4
Miles run this year 397.3
Miles left to 1K in 2013: 602.7 (24.11 miles per week over the next 25 weeks down 0.05 from last week)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment