Monday, October 21, 2013

Week In Review 10.20.13

A recovery week after my first 10K, and time to start ramping back up for my last half of the year down in GA next month.

I took an extra day off but when I got out there on Tuesday my legs were still pretty heavy and sore so there wasn't much speed down at the track, so I'll have to try some Fartleks tomorrow. 5 mi in 54:07 a 10:49 pace.

Wednesday I headed down tot he track and decided against the fartleks and opted for a pace run instead, trying to match what my normal race pace would be.  A little slow from my PR but I'll take it.  5 mi in 51:44 a 10:21 pace

Friday I made my way around the house for a slow run before my long run on Sunday.  The hardest part about these runs is getting out of bed at 4:45 in the morning.  Uggg 5mi in 56:53 an 11:23 pace.

Saturday I headed out for a long run.  I started out to John Brewers and back before heading down to the track.  I was only doing 10-11 so I didn't feel the need to make it a fun route just get it done and go home, but I was pretty happy with the pace and how my legs felt afterward.  I definitely could have gone longer!.  One real week of training next week before I taper again for Savannah!  10.2mi in 1:47:38 a 10:33 pace

Miles run last week 25.2











Miles run this year 788.9

Miles left to 1K in 2013: 211.1 (21.11 miles per week over the next 10 weeks down 0.36 from last week)

No comments:

Post a Comment