Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Week In Review 8.24.13

Big week ahead as I continue to prepare for the half in Virgina Beach and race a 5K on Sunday

I started my training week on Tuesday with a slow trot down to the track.  I was still feeling pretty rough so I didn't push it but I needed to get my miles in to make sure I hit 1K for the end of the year.  6 mi in 1:11:09 an 11:40 pace. 

I ended up with an off day Wednesday since I was out late Tuesday night at Wicked.  That just means I need to pick it up on Thursday!

Thursday I tried to make up for some missed miles and did more than I normally do before work pulling in 7.1 at a respectable pace.  Long run tomorrow since I'm headed down Country Fest that afternoon and I don't think I'll be in the mood to run Saturday morning.  7.1 mi in 1:18:47 an 11:06 pace

Friday was my last long run before the half down in Virgina.  I used the track and made pretty good time as the humidity started to pick up. Later that day it was down to the razor to see Kenny Chesney in concert.  YEE HAW  9.3 mi in 1:39:38 a 10:43 pace
Saturday I spent the morning down in Old Sturbridge Village with my niece and nephews recovering and resting for the race on Sunday.  .

Sunday race day for the Memphis Soul 5K BBQ run.  I'll write more about my new PR in it's own blog stay tuned!
Miles run last week 25.5
Miles run this year 601.1

Miles left to 1K in 2013: 398.9 (22.16 miles per week over the next 18 weeks down 0.18 from last week)

No comments:

Post a Comment