Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pace Run 1.23.14

With temps in the single digits and wind chills in the negative teens I decided I was going to do my pace run inside today.  I grabbed my gear and headed out to the gym.

At 5:15 about a quarter of the treadmills were already taken so I grabbed on up front and started off with a warm up mile at 10:49.  Since they're programmed to stop after 60 minutes I stopped my workout and restarted it rather than having to stop half way through my pace run.  I got it back up to speed and by the end of my first mile I think I had finally thawed out.  My pace at a 1.5% incline was a little slower than what I had been running outside but I was able to keep all of my miles under 10 minutes (9:55, 9:54, 9:53, 9;54, 9:51, 9:45) but failed to keep my speed getting progressively better due to a mental error more than a physical limitation.

Once my 6 miles were up I only had about a minute before my 60 minutes were up and the treadmill went into cool down mode for another 5 minutes.  I added on another 0.36 miles in cool down and then headed out to start the day.

7.36 mi in 1:45:49 a 10:18 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment